Monday, May 4, 2009

I've been reading tarot for about a year and a half. I think of it almost like most people think of a therapist. Interpretations of the cards tell me what I already know in those deep, hidden parts of my mind and lay it out in front of me where I can't ignore it. It's proven really useful and clarifying almost every time I lay a spread.

Last winter my dearest darling deck was sitting on my window sill one weekend when I was out of town and it got rained on. Many of the cards practically melted  and only very few got out of the mess undamaged. All of them were warped by the moisture.

I haven't felt very connected to my deck since then and recently started looking into buying myself a new one. I sifted through all of the decks at aeclectic.net, a site that reviews all available tarot decks and provides images of select cards, but only found a couple that even interested me out of the 1200+ cards on the site. One howerever caught my attention fully. It was worthy of the golem voice. I wants it! It is called the Shadowscapes Tarot created by a woman called Stephanie Pui-Mun Law and is a very earthy and whimsical take on the Rider-Waite symbolism. I'd buy it in a heartbeat! But noooo! It's not available until next spring. The emo emu cries black tears for my pain. 

Le Sigh... I will live. What should I do till next spring though?

No comments: