Friday, October 30, 2009

The holidays are on their way!

It's the last days of October which means Thanksgiving is less than a month away and Christmas is only a month after that. Crazy how time flies. That's why I've been working diligently on a new project: felted Christmas ornaments.

The idea came to me when I was needle-felting a couple days ago and though I ought to make some wintery items. As I was getting close to finishing my second item, I thought they might look nice among the evergreen boughs of a mini-christmas tree like my brother and I used to have in our room growing up. I pulled out some silver wire from my jewelry-making days and Voila! turned a snowglobe and a snowflake into two charming ornaments. I've already made 10 different ornaments but plan to make a ton more before we open our booth at the Holiday Craft Fair in downtown Santa Cruz on December 12.

They are mostly very small, but they are all pet-safe and child-safe. I can absolutely, 100% guarantee no dangerous shards of silvered glass on the floor when one of these beauties falls.

Pictures to come as soon as I can find the mini-USB cable to hook up the camera.

No comments: