Monday, November 3, 2008

Craft/No Craft?

I haven't been doing a lot of spinning recently-- I think that summer really doesn't lend itself well to spinning, at least for me. Fall has been absolutely insane; I'm teaching a class that is entirely new to me, picking up another one on Tuesday (7th grade grammar and vocab! Whee!), and still trying to find the time to do an after-school craft course. I think I'll probably try to get it started in late November or December-- in time for the holidays, but not by a lot. :)

I *have* been working on socks: I have about three socks in various stages of completion scattered around my room. I forgot to bring them with me to LA this weekend (I was at a linguistics conference-- yes, the mild-mannered teacher is Just a Disguise), so they're not as done as I'd like them do be, but hey! socks! There's no bad there. I'll try and post some pictures soonish.

While I was in LA this weekend, however, I did go to PaperSource, that Store of Vile Temptation. I picked up an awesome awesome swingtag kit, which I then proceeded to hammer together on my brother's table. I also picked up some book blocks and some really nifty paper for making some more hardbound books. Again, pictures will be up when I, er, magically gain a camera. My plans for House Christmas this year involve making lots and lots of books, so we'll see how that goes.

And now, I go to make dinner. Mmmmmmmm, pasta.

No comments: