Monday, December 1, 2008

Update of Random

Well, it's back to school for me! Classes started again today after a week of workless bliss, during which I did a lot of paper crafts (portfolio! tiny boxes! books! ...ADVENT CALENDAR OF DOOOM-- see more below), but no fiber. Oh, wait, that's a total lie-- I finished one of the kid socks that I was working on and started the second. Once more, I promise pictures; this time, I actually know where my digital camera is! I'll see if I have time tonight.

A few weeks ago, my friend Laurel semi-commissioned me to spin her a skein of black and green yarn, which should get done soon: I have to dye and spin it, so we'll see how it goes.

(ACoD: my mom had the idea of making a 3-D advent calendar for this year, so we are in the process of making it. We're making it essentially the same way you'd make a jewelry box insert, with lots of small sections forming one big box. It's both insane and awesome; this one will be *sure* to get pictures, as I got my dad to take pictures while we were working. It's about 13x19; the smallest boxes will probably end up being about 1.5x1.5, and the largest about 3x3. I can't *wait* to finish it!)

No comments: