Friday, January 9, 2009

Now that all the christmas knitting is done, I've been focusing on spinning. Well, there was a brief foray back into Knitting County for a hat for me out of necessity and one glove for my partner.  However, that one glove took three attempts that were fully pulled out and two more ripped back part-way.  He has bizarre alien hands.  While I recover enough to finish the other glove, I spin.

So far I have spun two bobbins of the merino wool that Hedgerose and I like and am now just starting on the fiber I bought from the sheep shearing.  It is Romney wool. I like it so far.  It is spinning up fairly easily and thinly. It is a little rougher than merino, but then there isn't much that isn't.  And it has the added benefit of being bought directly from the people who owned and sheared the sheep.  

No comments: