Sunday, January 25, 2009

So today I did something amazing-- I knit from a pattern!

I did, in fact, make these gloves! Those of you who know me know that I'm pretty good at looking at a finished product and figuring out how it's made, but am absolute crap at following patterns.

These gloves turned out really really well-- I knit them using one and a half balls of this gorgeous merino/microfiber/cashmere blend. I also learned how to cable; yay me! It's something I've been meaning to learn to do for a while. The pattern was mostly clear on how to cable; I think it's more my lack of knowledge of knitting pattern terminology than their lack of clarity.

The gloves took all afternoon and evening to finish-- I started them around 4:30 and finished them around 2 a.m. (they're a good project for working on while re-watching a T.V. show), with dinner happening somewhere during that time.

In OTHER EXCITING NEWS, one of our Local Yarn Stores, The Golden Fleece is going to participate in a Sheep-to-Sweater competition at some point soon, and I've volunteered to be one of the spinners. It should be really interesting, because there's no time to wash the fleece, and carders are not allowed, which is really bizarre. At any rate, it'll be lots of fun!!

No comments: