Monday, February 8, 2010

My friend Meri Sefit, of fan fic fame, came over this weekend and it was lovely.  We talked and nerded out to the extreme.  It was very nice to see her again, it had been far too long.  I made mac and cheese for dinner.  I had a lot of various cheese in the house that were starting to go to live with Jesus.  I started with a stick of butter, made a roux with flour, added mozzarella, cheddar, goat cheese, cream cheese and a lot of milk.  The mozzarella made it much stringer than usually, but the cream cheese seemed to help it integrate better.  I added salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne.  It seemed to go over very well and Sinspinner and her Boy ate the rest.  Meri Sefit then introduced us to affogato, which is espresso poured over vanilla ice cream.  However, we did it with earl gray tea.  I am a huge fan.  Like holy cow.  I tried it the next day with thai tea and that was amazing a well.  I have found a new way to eat a massive amount of ice cream.  

No comments: