Thursday, June 10, 2010

Turkish Delights


Following up on Sarah's post, I decided to make my own food post. There isn't too much going on the fiber front. I am still working on Allison's shawl and the commissioned socks but am somewhat lacking in the picture department. I did start spinning for a kid hat. A while ago, I showed WareBeast's brother, Elderbeast, the Etsy site. He loved Fawkes ( an orange base with differnt shades of reds sprinkled on top) and being one of us, got the Harry Potter joke. So I made him a hat of it, which he wears everywhere. Anyways, they have a four year old cousin, who greatly looks up to the Beasts. I started spinning up a thick merino to make into Fawkes for a smaller hat for said cousin. So I guess there is a fair bit happening on the fiber front, but nothing is quite to the picture stage and as we all know, pictures or it didn't happen.
Anyways, back to the food. A dear friend is having a birthday party tonight and going to Japan in a week. Therefore, as he loves turkish delights, I have made him a metric buttload for his birthday. They are of course rose flavored. I used a recipe I found on the internet, but then altered heavily. I took unflavored geletain, rose syrup, and cornstarch and cooked them together. Then I let the whole thing gel for a day and now they are sitting in the fridge cut up, covered in powdered sugar, waiting for me to be ready to go!

No comments: