Friday, October 24, 2008


It has been a week of dyeing!  Over the last 5 days I managed to get 11 skeins dyed!  And I dyed all of them with kool aid and food dye!  Ok, enough with the exclamiation points.  I experimented with a few new ways of dyeing this time around.  I am a fan of the dunk and boil way of dyeing.  You mix up the color of Kool Aid that you like, put the yarn into it, and boil it until the color is out of the water and into the yarn.  Seriously, it is enough to make you never want to drink Kool Aid again.  You can use the same water over and over again.  That is just wrong.  (I actually drank some Kool Aid last night anyways.  I bought several packets of Mexican Kool Aid, which for some reason has sugar in the mix, in addition to having to mix in like a cup of sugar, it's weird.  So I have about 12 packets of this drink mix to drink or pawn off on people. Digression). 

This time however, I experimented with food coloring, and it came out really well.  Well, except for the black.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.(That's not true, I was thinking ladybugs, but I was delusional, it was one of the few times that I have dyed without Hedgerose and her common sense and look where it got me)


More yarn will be put on our Etsy story as soon as I get some good pictures of it!  

--Riastiltskin



No comments: