Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've been doing a lot more knitting than spinning in the last few days.  I was trying to spin more finely and try and make sock yarn, since everyone knows sock yarn is crack and somehow ended up in a total sock knitting kick.  Seriously, everyone and their mom is going to get socks for the Holidays.  Just as well, as the yarn was threatening to take over.  And as if the regular socks weren't enough, I've discovered the joy of baby socks. They are even more cracktastic than regular socks as you can whip out a pair in a fraction of the time.  

The copper project is going nicely.  The vinegar is noticeably blue and I think that Hedgerose and I will try out some dyeing on Monday, as we both have the day off and will be geeking out doing serious crafting research.   I'm really excited to see how it will turn out.

In other news, I had to reset my "days since bought yarn" count back to zero. It was all the way up to 90 days. Because I bought the yarn to make socks for a friend, I briefly debated letting it keep counting, since it was so close to 100, but felt that the joy and glory would feel ill gotten at that glorious moment. O well, it will make the real 100 day feel all the more exciting when it does get here.

No comments: