Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome all!

Hi, all.... one of you (well, at the moment)! As the lovely Ria mentioned, I am Hedgerose-- I teach eighth grade English and, in my mythical free time, do everything I can related to fiber arts. I started with spinning, then learned to weave, make Waldorf dolls, crochet, felt, knit, and, most recently, make felt hats.

My current fiber project is to make a bunch of single, coordinating socks-- I am one of those rather unfortunate people who get sidetracked waaaaay too easily, but hopefully knitting one sock at a time will help cure that. I've also been making crocheted lace trim; I need to dye it before I put pictures up, but it's pretty awesome.

I do other crafts as well; most recently, I've been doing a lot of bookbinding (I finally learned casing in!) and spend time in front of the T.V. mindlessly making paper flowers.

No comments: